Saturday, October 2, 2010

Smaller Cap! Less Plastic! Go Green!

Some water bottles now feature smaller caps to have a less impact on the environment, at the cost of choking children, if the warning label is to be believed. And I believe them! But I'm also asked to make a difference by recycling. But if I'm recycling the plastic bottle, cap and all, then how big an impact on the environment is the cap causing? Or the bottle? Or is recycling a fraud, and the bottles are discarded anyway, hence a need for less plastic?

Hey, I have an idea! How 'bout we switch to glass bottles and metal caps? Glass is made of silicon and if its ground up fine enough, it's almost sand again. And metal rusts and is absorbed back in the environment. Awesome! What was the reason we switched to plastic anyway?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

its futuristic!

JR said...

The more things change to bring us hope... The more we have to ponder why oh why did we ever change in the fist place!

Frank V Bonura said...

Here in Harrisburg PA, I used to work for 1-800-GOT-JUNK and I have seen multiple recycling trucks on numerous occasions, fully loaded, with plastic and paper, head in, and dump their loads in the incinerator. For the most part similar actions went on in Greenpoint Brooklyn when I worked my FedEx route in New York.

I strongly suspect its a scam. Believe nothing ANY politician tells you, they are a brood of vicious liars.