Friday, October 29, 2010

Nice Phishing



Not only did the MailScanner detect a possible fraud attempt, but so did my BullShit Detector.  I love these stupid scams and wonder how anyone could possible fall for one.

First clue, this is the IRS, the GOVERNMENT saying it is willing to give you back some money. They only do that begrudgingly when they have to because you are trying to get your money from them. The GOVERNMENT never volunteers the information that it has your money. The GOVERNMENT never says, "Hey, guess what? We found some of your money you overpaid us and we thought you might like it back." No. They keep it and spend it on voter fraud.

While the government has no problem with the high volume of welfare and social security checks it cuts, here the "IRS" is claiming the high volume of refunds is overwhelming them. So fill out the form by following the link that takes you to a web address at 0ax8.0xbb5ce5, where ever the hell that is. Oh. That's the place they phish your information. They require the complete form showing your full current details.


I'm having a hard time believing that you can't just call up the IRS and inquire about any money they may owe you. Oh, wait. Yes I can. Never mind. But still, they would have a phone number you could call to get the runaround.


If the IRS can find my email address, they can find my street address. I bet they can find that on the last tax form we sent in. I'm sure the ol' IRS can punch my cheery name into their computer and up will pop my address. If the IRS owns me any money, I don't expect to get an email. I expect to get a check in mail with a note. And a Christmas card.


And really, these idiots are trying to pass this off as an official IRS notice with such poor punctuation and grammar (not to mention English) and a misspelling? Yeah, right. They need a Broken English to English translator.


I've been in the receiving end of an IRS/Gov'ment screw-up. Once they sent my tax refund check without my full address. So the check went to the post office, and because I never showed up at the PO to claim my check, because I was not told it was there, the check was sent back to the IRS/Gov'ment until I called to inquire just where the hell it was. Me and the first wife had some beer to buy, dammit. Well, the check had to be reissued and it must have been nearly six months from the time we sent in the tax forms until we got our check. The government was in no hurry whatsoever to get our money to us. But if we owed them . . . better fess with the cash pronto or go to jail.

1 comment:

Frank V Bonura said...

Spammers deserve the death penalty for all the pain and suffering they cause. Countries who export too much spamming to the USA deserve to be bombed until they reach a technological level that prevents them from spamming anyone.